I was born in the mid-eighties and as such I had to watch a number of the classic action films of that era when I was in my teens in the late 90′s. Straight away I could see why they had stayed popular and mostly for being good, not just a ‘cult’ ironic kind of popular. The films of the 80′s have inspired many through the decades since and with pixel art being as popular as ever the guys over at Bruneras.com have recently released Donkey-Me. A series of reskins of classic films for the Donkey Kong engine. As the banner above shows; Indy, Alien’s Ellen, Luke Skywalker, Flash, Conan, Rambo and even Kurt Russell a la Big Trouble in Little China have all had the pixel treatment. The games available now on PC, Linux and Ouya and be sure to check out the video below to see it all in action.
Latest posts by Ruaidhri (see all)
- Chuck’s Challenge 3D – PC Review - March 3, 2014
- No More Heroes Any More: Whatever Happened To Our Superhero Games? - February 12, 2014
- Bloodstroke: A John Woo Game – iPad / iPhone Review - January 30, 2014
- In Fear I Trust – iPhone / iPad Review - January 23, 2014
- Steam Early Access – The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Played? - January 20, 2014